Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Man It's Cold!

February Chill - 8" x 10" Oil by Greg Newbold
Closing out 2014 with a small painting from my recent show. I painted this one on a February afternoon in the western Utah desert near Cedar Fort. It was about 40 degrees when I started the painting and dropped to about 30 before I stopped painting an hour and a half later. Needless to say, I finished it up in the studio. Well, It's about five degrees outside today. That's way colder than I enjoy and it puts a cramp on anything that involves venturing outside, even if it's just hopping in the car to drive somewhere. The walk from the parking lot to the arena last night to watch the Jazz beat the Timberwolves was downright arctic.
Shoveling the driveway? Brrr. Good thing tonight's festivities only involve games, snacks and movies inside. Whatever you are doing tonight, enjoy your loved ones and have a Happy New Year!

This painting is available at Alderwood Fine Art

No comments: