Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Beaver Lodge Cutaway Finished


I just finished up this one for an educational publisher. It's fun to dig into details on something like this and create a feeling of reality even though this view is impossible to see in nature. I enjoyed the challenge of making the submerged portion of the beaver abode look like it was underwater which I achieved by shifting colors and values to reflect the effects of the water. Once again this is rendered in Photoshop over a graphite drawing. Size is 16" x 11" at 400 dpi. This one will print in the student edition as well as an oversize teacher edition to be used in group reading. 

2 comments:

tasha said...

Hi! We are doing signage as a volunteer lake stewardship group in beavers and how they benefit the environment. I am wondering if you'd be willing to let us use this amazing drawing for our sign? We can give full credit, but unfortunately we have no budget!!!

Greg said...

Hi Tasha, I get requests to use this piece from time to time. Unfortunately, I don't control the copyright on this one and can't grant permission. If you want to discuss other aspects or commission a new piece, contact me through my website gregnewbold.com.