Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Celebrating Wendell Berry In Music


Andrew Maxfield the musician behind the "Celebrating Wendell Berry in Music" project recently profiled my painting on the project's website. I am always pleased when I get to see my work in print and this project has been exceptionally satisfying. Not only did I get a lot of freedom while creating the painting, but it has since gone on to great success in the fine art sector.


 Please check out the double album package that features the music that inspired my painting. All of the song lyrics are taken directly from the poems of Wendell Berry. One disc features choral music by Andrew Maxfield and the other showcases the folk/bluegrass talents of Eric Bibb. If you are a fan of Berry's work or even if you just like good folk and choral music, this CD package could be just your cup of tea. You can listen to and download a free song, send a free song to a friend or buy the entire double album package. detailed the sketch and also the painting process for my portrait of Wendell Berry.

My painting "Beckoning the Peace of Wild Things" hanging in the Springville Art Museum
"Beckoning the Peace of Wild Things" is also now currently hanging in the new permanent collection show called "Voices" at the Springville Museum of Art.

The announcement that the painting has become part of the Springville Museum of Art's permanent collection is posted here also.

No comments: