Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Running With Geronimo - Final Drawing


As promised this is the drawing for the opening spread for the Boys' Life historical fiction story I am illustrating. It accompanies the piece in my previous post. I am still finishing it up, so rather than show it in progress, I will just let this one tease you a little bit. In the story, the cavalry posse searching for Geronimo and his small band of rebels comes to the farm of the young main character and asks him if he has seen anything. The young man plays dumb even though he is harboring his Native American friend, one of Geronimo's braves, in the barn. It is both fun and challenging to create these sorts of historically based pieces. The research involved is sometimes the hardest part. I will post the final piece when I finish it up  in the next day or two.

4 comments:

jeffdinardo said...

Looks like it will be an amazing piece.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jeff, stay tuned for the finished piece.

Mike Blake Studio said...

You mentioned not showing it in progress...one of these days (since you have successfully transitioned to digital) you should record your entire painting process (after scanning the final pencil drawing) to the finished product and then post it sped up! Just a thought...

Unknown said...

Mike, Yea, I should do that, but I don't know how to do video, etc. If I ever figure it out, I will. The learning curve on one piece of software is high enough, let alone, multiple programs, so for now, I am just content to post things like I am.