Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One More for the Road



After the Heber City Paint Out last Saturday, Ron Spears, Rob Adamson and I decided to take one more shot at a painting before heading home. After a bit of driving we located this vista and set up to paint. I had a small 8" x 8" panel in my box and went with it.



It was hot and the sunscreen was flowing freely along with the oil paint. I started over a couple of times before settling into the piece. I think I will add details like the sprinkler pipe later in studio.



The ellipses on the wheels were a bit intimidating standing at an easel with a bunch of wet paint on the panel. I think my colors got more exciting over the course of the day and I feel like I learn a lot every time I go out painting. 

2 comments:

Will Strong said...

I'm so jealous. It's been a long time since I've been out plen aire painting.

Nice work by the by.

Unknown said...

Hey- I'm always looking for an excuse to go!