Friday, May 27, 2011

Asleep At Sea


Last week I posted another piece from this Stormalong series and it just so happens that this weeks theme on Illustration Friday,  "asleep" also fits in with that group of paintings. In the story, Stormalong is so big, that there is no room for him to sleep on the ship. He is resigned to sleeping in (and filling up) the entire lifeboat which is pulled behind the ship. I have a thing for full moons and sunset colors, so it's no surprise I worked both things into this piece. I was also the model with my cooperative wive acting as photographer (she does that a lot- thanks babe!).

9 comments:

littlepixyboots said...

wow, nice painting. Very inspiring. Thanks for posting this!

:) pixy

Alison said...

Great composition beautifully executed.

michele said...

So rich and luminescent- this just shines! :o)

jess said...

I love the moon shining through the sails. very nice!

Patti said...

very nice

Ana M.F. said...

beautiful, I love the colours in the sky and the movement of the sea. Looks like a perfect place to fall asleep.

Unknown said...

Thanks everybody, @Jess- I thought the moon through the sails was a nice effect also-glad you liked it.

Anonymous said...

wow great work ! love its colours and everything !great job and perspective also , wow!!!

Sarah Melling said...

I love this piece...the depth, the repetition of the wavy lines...really gorgeous to look at!